Thursday, January 7, 2010

The White Tiger - The fall of the White Man and the Rise of the Yellow and Brown Man

A nice passage that culminates in a suggestion that luxury will destroy the white man while those not so 'developed' shall inherit the world. I can't help but wonder if Balram will become what he deplores...

'On the topic of shampoo advertisements, Mr Premier, I must say that golden-coloured hair sickens me now. I don't think it's healthy for a woman to have that colour of hair. I don't trust the TV or the big outdoor posters of white women you see all over Bangalore. I go from my own experience now, from the time I spend in five-star hotels. (That's right, Mr Jiabao: I don't go to 'red light districts' any more. It's not right to buy and sell women who live in birdcages and get treated like animals. I only buy girls I find in five-star hotels.)
        Based on my experience, Indian girls are the best.
        (Well, second-best. I tell you, Mr Jiabao, it's one of the most thrilling sights you can have as a man in Bangalore to see the eyes of a pair of Nepali girls flashing out at you from the dark hood of an autorickshaw.)


        In fact, the sight of these golden- haired foreigners - and you'll discover that Bangalore is full of them these days - has only convinced me that the white people are on the way out. All of them look so emaciated - so puny. You'll never see one of them with a decent belly. For this I blame the president of America; he has made buggery perfectly legal in his country, and men are marrying other men instead of women. This was on the radio. This is leading to the decline of the white man. Then white people use mobile phones too much, and that is destroying their brains. It's a known fact. Mobile phones cause cancer in the brain and shrink your masculinity; the Japanese invented them to diminish the white man's brain and balls at the same time. I overheard this at the bus stand one night. Until then I had been very proud of my Nokia, showing it to all the call-centre girls I was hoping to dip my beak into, but I threw it away at once. Every call that you make to me, you have to make it on a landline. It hurts my business, but my brain is too important, sir: it's all that a thinking man has in this world.

        White men will be finished within my lifetime. There are blacks and reds too - the radio never talks about them. My humble prediction: in twenty years' time, it will be just us yellow men and brown men at the top of the pyramid, and we'll rule the whole world.
        And God save everyone else.' - pp.304-305

1 comment:

  1. We whites are not the only ones who will be falling down soon..., Every single race and mixed breeds will be falling soon, exept for the jews(they are not a true race)....

    ReplyDelete